(Last Updated on 29 January, 2021)
1. The Information We Collect
1.) Personal Information
We collect information that you choose to provide to us, for example, when you register to use our Site, manage your user profile, subscribe to our service, place an order on our Site, marketing communications, participate in a promotion or survey, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us. The type of information we may collect includes your name, Skype name, country, telephone number, postal address, photograph, email address, user name & password, security questions and answers, details about our products you use, details you provide in respond to surveys about our products, financial and card information, future teaching needs/requirements, curriculum vitae, forum posts and comments and other contact or identifying information you choose to provide directly.
2) Non-personal Information
We may automatically collect your information when you visit our website, including the Internet protocol (IP) address, your login information, browser type and version. It may also include the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, the language you prefer, access times, pages viewed, and user activity.
3) Cookies and related technologies
Cookies are files with a small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
4) Using Skype for Spoken English classes
You Can Speak is not responsible for any data that is collected by or sent to Skype and/or Microsoft.
2. How We Use the Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- To provide you with the Services, including to register you for an account, enable tutoring sessions, and process transactions.
- Provide and deliver the products and/or services you order and send you related information, including confirmations and invoices.
- To respond to your questions or inquiries, including to provide support and troubleshooting assistance.
- Send you communications about products, promotions or events offered by us and other companies and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you.
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our platform.
- Personalize and improve our platform and provide advertisements, content, suggested connections and features that match user profiles or activities.
- To administer and troubleshoot the services.
3. What Kinds of Information We Share
We do not share your personal information with companies, organizations, or individuals outside of the company when we do not have your consent except the following cases:
- With the teachers of our Platform in connection with providing Teaching Services to the Students.
- We provide access to or share your information with select vendors who perform services on our behalf. They provide a variety of services to us, including data storage, analytics, billing, marketing, product content and features, customer service, data storage, security, fraud prevention, and legal services.
4. Security of Information
Appropriate measures are taken to protect your personal information including making a regular backup of our system and data. Your account is password protected and all information is on a secure server, which only a limited number of employees can access.
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
5. Retaining your Information
We only retain collected information for as long as necessary to provide you with your requested service or as long as your account is active.
In case your account expires, or you decide to delete your account we retain your personal data not longer than 90 days after the account is expired. However, in case of conflict situations in progress we may retain and use your information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations (for example, if we are required to retain your data to comply with applicable laws), resolve disputes, and enforce our legal agreements and policies.
6. Children’s Privacy
We do not knowingly store personal information from anyone under the age of 13 without the consent of a parent or guardian. If we come to the knowledge that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information without a parent’s consent then we will try to delete this data from our system.
8. Third-Party Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
9. Contact Us